Monday, December 7, 2020

Pooh’s Heffalump Movie

Felix Vasquez started his review by saying, “I find it’s very hard to display any sense of malice or distaste for something like “Pooh’s Heffalump Movie” which is so harmless and adorable in its presentation with simple animation and such an uncomplicated story. It’s the closest thing to quality for me that Disney’s created in years. Disney’s creativity and imagination has all but diminished over the years, except for when it applied to “Winnie the Pooh” and its many spin-offs.” Despite Christopher Robin not being in the movie (allowing showing up briefly during the credits), “Pooh’s Heffalump Movie,” released in 2005, is still a very entertaining and harmless story about friendship that is in the same vain as “The Fox and Hound” only less emotional.

Vasquez admitted, “Now, I love Winnie the Pooh and all its incarnations (except that one featuring the puppets), I’ve always thought Winnie the Pooh was a great story with an excellent world and fun characters, so I take every such opportunity to watch anything featuring these wonderful characters.” The group gets scared to find large footprints showing up in their fields in the Hundred Acre Woods, and decides to find the scared Heffalump, and Roo, who is told to stay behind, goes out to find the monster, but encounters a friendly blue elephant who says to be the Heffalump.

The two spend most of the film becoming friends while Roo finds out that “Lumpy” is innocuous like Piglet. Vasquez credits, “Newcomer Kyle Stranger is utterly adorable as Heffalump and really manages to provide a memorable performance here with some great voice work and a sense of awe within Heffalump who is a big fish in a large pond, and Jim Cummings performs his usual excellent voice work as Tigger and Pooh.” Meanwhile, the unmatched Brenda Blethyn is the highlight as Mrs. Heffalump, the character who appears in the climax to make a huge role in the story.

Vasquez ends his review by admitting, “Though, the film is for children mainly with a simple story, I still found myself entertained by its unabashed innocence. It’s adorable and non-threatening and a pretty good time. I’ll forgive you Disney for inserting Heffalump for marketing purposes, I’ll forgive you for releasing a film that’s not even ninety minutes, and I’ll forgive you for not including Christopher Robin, because this is a very cute film, with good acting, and a very simple but entertaining story. I’m a sucker for Winnie the Pooh and all its incarnations, and I had fun, so ease up on the marketing schemes, Disney.”

This is another Winnie the Pooh movie that you should see. It’s another good one about friendship that I think the whole family will really love. I saw this one day On Demand, but I didn’t remember it, so I thought of rewatching this on Disney+. Check it out if you have an account, you will not regret it.

Check in tomorrow to see what franchise I will look at next in “Disney Month 2020.”

No comments:

Post a Comment